Jello shots, jello shots, jello shots Katrina Carboolad
With less than 3 weeks of school, it’s time to start studying our brains off and party as much as possible. Regardless of the weather, it’s imperative that we take the time in between studying to let loose and enjoy ourselves with our friends before parting ways for the summer. To help make your day drinks and pre-games more interesting during these last two weeks, I have found some unique and amazing Jell-O shots recipes that will not only impress your friends, but will get you along the lines of “chocolate wasted”.
Irish Car Bomb Jell-O Shots
2 cups Guinness beer, divided use
3 packages unflavored gelatin
2 teaspoons brown sugar or muscovado
1/2 to 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
1/2 cup Jameson
1/2 cup Bailey’s Irish Cream
Put 1 cup of Guinness, sugar and cocoa powder in a small saucepan and sprinkle with 2 packets of gelatin and let it soak for a minute. Heat and stir until everything is dissolved.
Remove from heat and add the remaining cup of cold Guinness. Pour into a pan or molds and let it set for about 30 minutes.
Place Jameson in a saucepan and sprinkle with one packet of gelatin. Allow it to soak in for a minute. Heat and stir until gelatin is dissolved.
Stir in Bailey’s and allow mixture to cool. Pour on the slightly set Guinness mixture. Allow it to set several hours or overnight.
Butterbeer Jelly Shots
- 1 cup crème soda
- 2 envelopes plain gelatin
- 1/3 cup vanilla vodka
- 2/3 cup butterscotch schnapps
- Colored large crystal sugar, for garnish, if desired
1. Pour soda in a medium saucepan and sprinkle with gelatin. Allow it to soak for a minute or two.
2. Heat over low heat, stirring constantly, until the gelatin is dissolved (about 5 minutes). Remove from heat.
3. Stir in the vodka and schnapps.
4. Pour into standard loaf pan (non-reactive metal or glass, approx. 9” x 5”). Refrigerate until fully set (approx. 3 hours).
5. To serve, cut into desired shapes.
6. Immediately before serving, dip in colored crystal sugar, for garnish, if desired.
Watermelon Lime Jell-O Shots
- 10 limes, pulp removed
- 1 box red Jello (I used strawberry because my grocery store didn’t carry watermelon flavored, but obviously if yours has watermelon - grab it!)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup cold vodka (Again, if you have melon flavored, go for it)
- Mini chocolate chips
- Halve limes and use a paring knife around the edges of the halves to loosen the pulp from the rind. My technique was to do this, and then juice them with my KitchenAid attachment, which helped remove the loosened pulp. Plus, then I got a cup of freshly squeezed lime juice! I also used my (clean) fingers to finally help scrape out the resilient pulp under a running faucet. Set lime halves aside, empty side up.
- Add 1 cup of boiling water to the Jell-O powder, and stir for 2 minutes until fully dissolved.
- Stir in cup of cold vodka.
- Pour mixture into lime halves, filling all the way to the top.
- Chill Jello-limes in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Using a sharp knife, carefully cut each lime half in half again, making wedges.
- Stick in chocolate chips, if desired.